Yes, I am 100% guilty of using my new food processor to make everything. But I’ve been wanting one for so long I can’t help it! Smoothies, juices, salsa, almond butter, applesauce…. you name it, I’ve made it in the last 2 weeks. It’s definitely expanded my kitchen repertoire AND increased the amount of fruits and vegetables I’m eating so I love it. I don’t eat cauliflower often, so this was a great way to incorporate more of it into my diet with this creamy delicious homestyle soup!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with White Cheddar
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (optional)
1. Steam cauliflower and onion until tender. Puree in food processor along with milk and cheddar until smooth.
2. Pour cauliflower mixture into a large pan on low to medium heat. Add seasonings (except for hot sauce) to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
3. Garnish with additional shredded cheese (I used parmesan) and hot sauce if desired (I always want things to be a little spicy!)